Recently, in the last few days, Apple has released a new update for iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4. In this new version, Apple has tried to fix the bugs of the previous version. The new update for iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 with more features and is planned to use Home Pod Mini and better support for the Find My app and devices manufactured by other companies. It should be noted that before the release of the final version of these two operating systems, three beta versions of iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 were released. In these three beta versions, instead of adding a feature, it tried to fix the bugs that existed in previous versions of these operating systems.
Features added to the new iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 updates
This version of iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 have more features for Find My. A new feature is the Find My items added to the app so that in addition to Apple’s own devices, such as the iPad , other manufacturers can share their tracking devices with Apple to find out where their devices are by joining a network. . Currently, only Belkin brand Airbuds can support this new feature, but soon more gadgets will be covered by the Find My items network. That way, you can find them by tracking devices other than the Apple brand.
Another noteworthy point in this update is that in iOS 14.4, an option called Handoff has been added to use the Home Pod Mini. Home Pod Mini is Apple’s latest smart speaker that was released a few months ago. In this new update, if you bring your mobile phone closer to the Home Pod, using the U1 chip used in this Apple smart speaker, the Home Pod Mini can detect the music played from the iPhone and play it. N. The Handoff feature means that you no longer need to make manual settings or check the connection of the mobile phone to the speaker.
Apple also added more privacy features to apps in the App Store. Using these features, users could be informed about the parts that an app on the iPhone uses. Like how to view app access on iPhone , you can restrict or block app access to photos on your iPhone.
New update features for iOS14.4 and iPadOS 14.4
In a note that Apple has published on its website about the features of iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 and these new versions announced that the operating system iOS 14.4 has the following improvements for the iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can also be detected by the iPhone camera.
- Added the ability to categorize Bluetooth devices in the Settings section or to correctly detect headphones to send voice notifications
- An alert notification is displayed when replacing the camera module with a non-original instance. Due to this feature, when the iPhone is not able to recognize the main camera module and build Apple in the iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, a notification alert will be issued and you can check the accuracy of the parts used. do.
Also in the new update of these two versions of the operating system, the following bugs have been fixed:
- There were bugs when fixing HDR photos with iPhone 12 Pro that have been fixed in this version.
- Fixed not displaying updated sports information in the Fitness app widget.
- In the previous version, there were delays while typing and the suggested words were not displayed correctly when typing, in this version, this problem was also fixed.
- The correct language of the iPhone keyboard in the Messages application had a problem during display, which was also fixed.
- The problem that was made in the previous version, which made it impossible to answer calls made to the iPhone from the screen after activating the Switch Control in the Accessibility section in the settings, was also fixed.
- In the previous version, News audio programs were not played automatically when playing the News app, and when using CarlPlay and routing notifications, or using Siri, which was fixed in this version.
Appearance changes of iOS 14 and iPaOS14 compared to previous versions
In general, iOS 14 and iPaOS14 have undergone several visual changes compared to previous versions. These changes include visual updates to the iPhone Home screen. These changes were also applied to the application interface.
In addition to these visual changes, Apple also made changes to the Messages app and Safari browser in this operating system and completely changed the design of Siri. Other changes that can be mentioned in this operating system include the addition of new elements to the Maps app, the ability to hear ambient sound and display notifications about it, and support for CarKey. After the original release, Apple released iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 updates that included several new wallpapers, new emojis, and other minor tweaks.
After a while, we saw the release of iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3, in which Apple added support for its new hardware and software. Simultaneously with this version, a new sports program + Fitness was released at this time. It was at this time that Apple also unveiled the AirPads Max headphones. Other features of this operating system include the addition of Apple Pro Raw photography capability with the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max . So updating this operating system after this seems logical.